The Juniper Networks Secure Services Gateway 5 (SSG 5) is a purpose-built security appliance that delivers a perfect blend of performance, security and LANWAN connectivity for small branch office and small business deployments.
Traffic flowing in and out of the branch office can be protected from worms, Spyware, Trojans, and malware by a complete set of Universal Threat Management (UTM) security features including Stateful firewall, IPSec VPN, IPS, Antivirus (includes Anti-Spyware, Anti-Adware, Anti-Phishing), Anti-Spam, Web Filtering and Deep Inspection.
The rich set of UTM security features allows the SSG 5 to be deployed as a stand alone network protection device. With its robust routing engine, the SSG 5 can also be deployed as a traditional branch office router or as a combination security and routing device to help reduce IT capital and operational expenditures
The SSG 5 is ideally suited for branch offices, small to medium businesses and service providers that want a security platform to protect their WAN and high speed internal networks while extending the platform return on investment through high levels of system and interface modularity.
- High performance: UTM security features (antivirus, antispam, Web filtering, IPS) stop all manner of viruses and malware before they damage the network
- Best-in-class UTM security features: Annually licensed antivirus engine is based on Kaspersky Lab engine
- Integrated antivirus: Annually licensed anti-spam offering is based on Sophos technology.
- Integrated antispam: Annually licensed Web filtering solution is based on Websense SurfControl technology
- Fixed Interfaces: Seven fixed 10/100 interfaces on the SSG5, and five fixed 10/100 interfaces on the SSG20. The SSG5 is factory configured with either RS232 Serial/AUX or ISDN BRI S/T or V.92 fixed WAN backup. Both models include one console port and one auxiliary port.
- Network segmentation: Security zones, virtual LANs and virtual routers allow administrators to deploy security policies to isolate guests, wireless networks and regional servers or databases.
- Interface modularity: Two interface expansion slots (SSG20 only) supporting optional ADSL 2 , T1, E1, ISDN BRI S/T, Serial, SFP and v.92 Mini physical interface modules (Mini-PIMs).
- Robust routing engine: Proven routing engine supports OSPF, BGP, and RIP v1/2.
- 802.11 a/b/g wireless-specific security features: Wireless-specific privacy and authentication features augment the UTM security capabilities to protect wireless traffic.